Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pdf To Doc

#1 User is offline   Usrn 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

I search for this and a lotta stuff comes up...but who know what's legit.

Anyone know of a good reliable pdf to Word file converter?

I also see that Microsoft has a few downloads available to convert Office 97 files to pdf. I have Office 97, but I'm wondering why so many different options to do this. Be nice to be able to convert to pdf directly from Word, etc.

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

View PostUsrn, on 11 September 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

I also see that Microsoft has a few downloads available to convert Office 97 files to pdf. I have Office 97, but I'm wondering why so many different options to do this. Be nice to be able to convert to pdf directly from Word, etc.

Go to http://www.pcworld.c...ng/article.html and scroll down to the heading "Convert PDFs to Word Docs."

But keep in mind that I wrote that article nearly 4 years ago. Maybe it's time I revisit the topic.

Lincoln

#3 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

I found some time to research this since my last post, and found a much better option.

Nitro PDF to Word, at http://www.pdftoword.com/default.aspx. They sell a professional converter, but this free web service works very well.

Go to the web page, tell it what file you want to convert, .doc or .rtf, and what email address to mail it to. You'll soon get two emails. One tries to get you to subscribe; you don't have to.

The other is your pdf. The layout comes close even with complicated PDFs.

Their privacy policy is short, simple, and says good things.

Lincoln

#4 User is offline   littlepotato 

• Pip

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

In fact, i think you can try a free PDF to Word Converter.
AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter is good, it's free too. It's a very small software which can let you convert pdf file to MS word.
It preserves the original text content, images, layouts and hyperlinks after conversion, efficient and accurate. You can also batch convert up to 200 PDF files at a time.
AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter
Try it and hope it helps:-)

#5 User is offline   johnprobbs 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

hello ! I faced the same situation when I tried to find out a good conversion software. After a lot of stressful research, i found an amazing software to convert Word .doc files into PDF files. It integrated in MS Office and provides a button to create PDF. Although it is paid software, but a trail version of quickpdftoword is also available.

#6 User is offline   brainout 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Two pdf converters I've used for a long time: Adobe Acrobat 6-9, but even better, SmartPDF Creator Pro. The former you can get for $30 or less in Amazon, new or like-new. 6 works with XP, and 9 works also in Windows 7. SmartPDF Creator Pro works in both OS, but costs $100. I prefer it, because it's far faster, simpler, and whenever I have a problem, I get quick help from the company. They do have a free version, but it won't do all the paid version will do.

What's important about the converter, is the ability to line up the graphics, and to convert to searchable pdf. Smart PDF Creator Pro is great at that, so that's another reason why I prefer it.

By contrast, when you simply 'print to pdf', you are not getting a searchable pdf version, but instead only a graphics file. You can do the same with most multifunction (i.e., Brother) printers, nowadays: so wouldn't need separate software.

I use Smart PDF Creator Pro with all my website conversions and Word conversions to support the videos; and, Forms 5500 Department of Labor filings, which require conversion from pdf to Word and back to pdf, for submission of digital signatures.

Both Adobe and Smart will integrate seamlessly in MS Office 2003 and prior.

This post has been edited by brainout: 23 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Willfully Insane Now Dangerous Or Wildly Stupid. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users