• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

System Restore How to

#1 User is offline   leeandmyrna 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Coastie............

Is there any way to increase the number of restore points? At present I only have three available. Is there a secret to getting more? I wanted to go back a few days because all of a sudden I can not disconnect my External Drive without shutting the computer down first. I was able to safely disconnect it about a week ago, but find that I can only go back to the 19th and that did not solver my problem. Also, do you have a take on Firefox.. how to install, etc....

Lee

P.S. Flashorn has not responded to anything I have sent him in the last month. I guess I must have somehow gotten on the wrong side for some reason????

Lee

#2 User is offline   tman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

what version of windows are you running? it makes a difference as to how to accomplish each thing listed below (with the exception of Firefox--which is the same regardless)

you can create new restore points--but you can't create any that were not previously created and --depending on how you have you system set up--you may need to assign more drive space to the 'restore' function

to disconnect external drive--right click on icon in system tray and select-safely remove hardware (winXP) or eject drive (win7)

to install firefox first download here:

http://www.mozilla.c...x/personal.html

then double click installer

#3 User is offline   leeandmyrna 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

I am using Xp Home Editiion IE 8.0 with Svc Pak 3.... I can only set restore to approx 12 per cent and that does not help. Is there any way to change the percentage somewhere? Right now I only have 3 restore points and in the past I have had upwards of 15???.......

Lee..........

Will installing Firefox help?

View Posttman, on 21 September 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

what version of windows are you running? it makes a difference as to how to accomplish each thing listed below (with the exception of Firefox--which is the same regardless)

you can create new restore points--but you can't create any that were not previously created and --depending on how you have you system set up--you may need to assign more drive space to the 'restore' function

to disconnect external drive--right click on icon in system tray and select-safely remove hardware (winXP) or eject drive (win7)

to install firefox first download here:

http://www.mozilla.c...x/personal.html

then double click installer

#4 User is offline   leeandmyrna 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

I have tried the "safely remove hardware" route, and that is what is not working!! How can I fix that?.....

Lee

#5 User is offline   SpiritWind 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hi Lee :

Have you read and/or tried to follow the "Tutorial"
at http://www.bleepingc...tutorial56.html !?

Have you or did you have a recent malware Issue
with this computer ?
For the very Best in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

#6 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

View Postleeandmyrna, on 21 September 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

I wanted to go back a few days because all of a sudden I can not disconnect my External Drive without shutting the computer down first.

Hi, Lee. To solve this particular part of your problem, see Can't Remove USB Drive.

Lincoln

#7 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

View Postleeandmyrna, on 21 September 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

P.S. Flashorn has not responded to anything I have sent him in the last month. I guess I must have somehow gotten on the wrong side for some reason????

Lee

You can check a members status by clicking on the members button above (next to forums) and then click on Advanced Search and enter the members name. That would inform you that Flashorn has not been active on the forums since Sept. 6. Why our friend has not been up since then I don't know, but he will probably tell us when he returns.
Siggy Courtesy of Solar Wings
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users