• You cannot reply to this topic

Looking For Mp3 Download Stores

#1 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi,

I have been searching for an online store to download MP3s.

All I'm seeing is a monthly charge or wanting a credit card.
I'd rather download without a monthly fee and have the option to use pay-pal.

I do not own an Ipod.

Does anyone know a reputable online store like this?

Please don't recommend lime-wire.

Thanks,
Rommel

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:30 AM

Hey Rommel, I use the store associated with RealPlayer. I don't remember if they use Pay Pal or not.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   pulsar2121 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

I use Amazon.com. It doesn't have PayPal, but there is no monthly charge. It's pay per song.

#4 User is offline   Win7boy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

My friends use Limewire.It is free songs,videos,torrents.I don't know why it hasn't been sued yet.Me,I just use my phones and go to youtube.
Desktop: Antec 1200,i7 4770k,2x2TB WD Black,240GB Corsair SSD,128GB Samsung 840 Pro,2x Sapphire Radeon Toxic 6GB 7970's,16GB Gskills 1600Mhz RAM,Corsair AX1200,Asus Z87 Pro Mobo,120hz QX2710 1440p monitor
Laptop:Samsung Series 7 Chronos,2x Dell inspirons
Samsung Galaxy Note 3,32GB,3GB RAM,And 100% AOSP Goodness
New nexus 10...soon....(once google announces it)

#5 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

View PostWin7boy, on 24 October 2010 - 09:28 AM, said:

My friends use Limewire.It is free songs,videos,torrents.I don't know why it hasn't been sued yet.Me,I just use my phones and go to youtube.

Yeah, many ppl do. I'm not perfect if you know what I mean but sometimes we need to pay for the work that others have done.
Plus lime wire is a dangerous place for PCs. I have good updated security but I'd rather stay away. Also I'm not interested in sharing my PC.

Actually I use walmart alot through a gift card but sometimes their selection is thin.

Rommel

#6 User is offline   nonseq 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

View PostRommel, on 24 October 2010 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostWin7boy, on 24 October 2010 - 09:28 AM, said:

Yeah, many ppl do. I'm not perfect if you know what I mean but sometimes we need to pay for the work that others have done.
Plus lime wire is a dangerous place for PCs. I have good updated security but I'd rather stay away. Also I'm not interested in sharing my PC.

Actually I use walmart alot through a gift card but sometimes their selection is thin.

Rommel

Thanks for your integrity. I use Amazon.com for mp3 downloads and have been very satisfied. They don't use Paypal but you can charge up a debit card and go to town. works for me

#7 User is offline   Win7boy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

If my phone is not handy,I use iTunes and Amazon mp3 to get songs.I also use my Zune HD a lot. :D
Desktop: Antec 1200,i7 4770k,2x2TB WD Black,240GB Corsair SSD,128GB Samsung 840 Pro,2x Sapphire Radeon Toxic 6GB 7970's,16GB Gskills 1600Mhz RAM,Corsair AX1200,Asus Z87 Pro Mobo,120hz QX2710 1440p monitor
Laptop:Samsung Series 7 Chronos,2x Dell inspirons
Samsung Galaxy Note 3,32GB,3GB RAM,And 100% AOSP Goodness
New nexus 10...soon....(once google announces it)

#8 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
I did check out amazon but they actually didn't display the songs I am looking for.
They showed the group, Nazareth, but not enough of a song list.

Has anyone ever heard of www.mp3shake.com ?

They have all the songs at .25 each. Only thing is they mention a tariff so I enquired to them exactly what that would be.
They do require a visa to deposit cash into an account. Not really what I want to do.
All songs downloaded and owned. No restrictions to burn to CD.

Not sure what online services are available to check their reputation.

Rommel

#9 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

Nazareth...wow, haven't thought of that group in awhile :)

I know you said you don't have an iPod, and it sounds like your trying other avenues other than iTunes, yet, they did have about 8-9 of their CDs listed with all the songs. iTunes bit rate is 256 for most of their library. A song can be burned up to 7 times I believe, I wish it was unlimited.

There weren't any reviews by Norton Safe Web users personally, but Norton gave it a green light. Yet I agree with you, not real hip on the idea of an unknown vendor having my credit card number on file to replenish my account as needed. Music Giants was the same way (credit card on file), but they didn't have as big of a selection as I would've liked.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Car54: 24 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

#10 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

View PostCar54, on 24 October 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

Nazareth...wow, haven't thought of that group in awhile :)

I know you said you don't have an iPod, and it sounds like your trying other avenues other than iTunes, yet, they did have about 8-9 of their CDs listed with all the songs. iTunes bit rate is 256 for most of their library. A song can be burned up to 7 times I believe, I wish it was unlimited.

There weren't any reviews by Norton Safe Web users personally, but Norton gave it a green light. Yet I agree with you, not real hip on the idea of an unknown vendor having my credit card number on file to replenish my account as needed. Music Giants was the same way (credit card on file), but they didn't have as big of a selection as I would've liked.

Posted Image

Thank you for taking the time posting and researching.

I know you can buy itunes prepaid cards.
Guess I should go to thier site and see what they are all about.

Thanks again.

Rommel

#11 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

Your welcome, anytime. :) :)

By the way, if by chance you download iTunes so you can access their iTunes store to get a better idea of what it's about, I would suggest you go to FileHippo and download the last 9.xx version instead of the new 10. version from Apples web site. The 9.xx will show the Album Cover Art on your iTunes Library UI; version 10, at least for now, doesn't show the cover art. They're also pushing their social networking service called Ping on version 10.

This post has been edited by Car54: 24 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

#12 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

View PostCar54, on 24 October 2010 - 06:28 PM, said:

Your welcome, anytime. :) :)

By the way, if by chance you download iTunes so you can access their iTunes store to get a better idea of what it's about, I would suggest you go to FileHippo and download the last 9.xx version instead of the new 10. version from Apples web site. The 9.xx will show the Album Cover Art on your iTunes Library UI; version 10, at least for now, doesn't show the cover art. They're also pushing their social networking service called Ping on version 10.

Yes I did read the ping. Don't need that.
Great tip about the cover art, that does matter to me also.

Do you use WMP or is itunes better and is your only media player?

Rommel

#13 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

I do like WMP especially for burning CDs, as it is so easy to drag your playlst songs to the order you want to burn them, with iTunes, it's a little more tricky http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2455

I use iTunes for my default music player, and WMP for streaming online videos, as I like the WMP Mini Screen that displays video, the iTunes only shows controls and songs in mini mode. I went with iTunes for the iTunes Plus songs higher 256 bit rate (@ $1.29 each), and also I was discouraged that the MSN Music store that I had purchased from, no longer provides the DMR rights to the songs I had bought from Music Giants, at least I cant. I know iTunes will always be accountable to their customers, compared to some of the other lesser knowns that could one day go under, and I would lose all the DMR songs I had purchased. So in this sense I feel secure about the iTunes songs I buy, besides, they also have an excellent selection of Movies to rent for $2.99, or 3.99 for the movies that are available in HD.

iTunes also allows you to use the 21 different EQ settings for each song if you want, WMP doesn't, as it will only play those settings for the whole song library when you set it. iTunes songs will play in WMP.

iTunes Genius is very nice, in that when you click on one of your songs, it will show you on the right hand side a fair selection from that same genre that you might be interested in. I know it is for iTunes to try to generate more revenue for themselves, but it still is nice, and I like it. It will even show you the same thing when you buy a song, of what others bought, and of other groups along the same line. lol, do I sound like Steve Jobs trying to sell you... :lol:

This post has been edited by Car54: 25 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

#14 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

View PostCar54, on 25 October 2010 - 06:23 AM, said:

I do like WMP especially for burning CDs, as it is so easy to drag your playlst songs to the order you want to burn them, with iTunes, it's a little more tricky http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2455

lol, do I sound like Steve Jobs trying to sell you... :lol:

No, you are giving me detailed information based on your knowledge and experiance so I can make a more informed decision, Mr. Jobs.

I did download itunes last night but I couldn't find a 9 version at 64bit via the link you provided.
BTW, that is a nice site.
Back at itunes I downloaded the latest 64 bit version.

Two cds I was hoping to find weren't there.
Nazareths 1st LP and loud & proud.
As a whole they are not great but each has a song I was wanting to purchase.
It seems something like this shouldn't be so complicated but it is.

Thanks again car54 for the info.

Rommel

#15 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Your welcome, Steve here again :)

I was wondering if you would catch that the link for the 64-bit version at FileHippo was tucked away about 1/2 way down that link page. :)

http://i240.photobuc...iTunes64bit.png

Out of all those Albums, and they didn't have Nazareth 1st one, yet they had one with them and Humble Pie. :blink:

This post has been edited by Car54: 25 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

#16 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

View PostRommel, on 25 October 2010 - 07:31 AM, said:

No, you are giving me detailed information based on your knowledge and experiance so I can make a more informed decision, Mr. Jobs

Thanks for seeing it that way, yet I'll try to back off some of the caffeine, and try not go into information overload. :)

#17 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:05 AM

Hi Car54,

Just an update here.

I acually used Ccleaner and removed itunes.
They didn't have those songs and I felt I wasn't going to use it.
Did find out that at best buy you can buy napster cards and use them so no credit card needed.
They don't have those songs eigther.
Amazon has the CDs but not the individual songs. They are not worth the price of an CD for a single song.

As always posting is educational. Still searching.

The site that has the individual songs hasn't replied so I won't mess with them at this time.

Rommelo

#18 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for that update friend :) Rommelo, lol :)

I've never used CCleaner to uninstall before, does it do a better job than Windows/Uninstall Programs?

This post has been edited by Car54: 27 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

#19 User is offline   Rommel 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

View PostCar54, on 27 October 2010 - 03:24 AM, said:

I've never used CCleaner to uninstall before, does it do a better job than Windows/Uninstall Programs?

To be honest, I am not sure. I know its a highly recommended program.
I usually use it to help clean my pc, this was the first time I used it to uninstall.

It uninstalled everything easily and quickly.

Rommel

#20 User is offline   nonseq 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:34 AM

View PostRommel, on 27 October 2010 - 04:56 AM, said:

View PostCar54, on 27 October 2010 - 03:24 AM, said:

To be honest, I am not sure. I know its a highly recommended program.
I usually use it to help clean my pc, this was the first time I used it to uninstall.

It uninstalled everything easily and quickly.

Rommel

I use CCleaner as my default uninstaller I think I like it better.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users